Changes in our Clinic due to COVID-19
As of Tuesday evening, March 17th, the CDC has recommended that all routine eye care be deferred until further notice, in order to slow the transmission of COVID-19 through our community.
Please be assured that we are still available to triage all urgent and emergent issues as well as help you with routine matters during this challenging time. We want as many eye emergency situations as possible seen here instead of at overburdened emergency rooms or urgent care clinics.
What does this mean?
- If you are scheduled for an annual eye examination we will tentatively reschedule you starting April 8th, 2020.
- As of now, our contact lens and glasses laboratories are still fully operational. If you need new contacts or glasses we are encouraging patients to order from us. As a small, independent business it is very helpful for our employees to have this income while we are not performing routine eye care. You can go online at https://alderwood.myclstore.com/ to order contacts and have them direct shipped to you. If your glasses or contact lens prescription has expired, we are offering to extend the expiration date out 6 months for current patients. Please contact us so we can discuss this in further detail.
- If you are running out of a medication please contact us and we can transmit a refill electronically to your pharmacy.
- If you have an ocular emergency we are, as always, available to help you at any time. Call (425) 771-2662 and wait for instructions at the end of the message. Dr. Gilbar or Dr. McKinney will try their best to meet you in the office whenever possible. If that is not possible we will direct you to the nearest eye emergency facility. If you are unsure if your situation qualifies as an ocular emergency call us anyways, we will be happy to help you decide if you need to be seen urgently.
- During this period of social distancing and quarantine, we must all do our part by restricting activities outside the home except for getting medical care. Do not go to work, school, or public areas. Avoid using public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis.
- Please remember that 80% of COVID-19 cases are mild and resolve within a week. However, if you feel your symptoms are worsening, call ahead before visiting your doctor’s office or emergency department and tell them you have or may have COVID-19. This will help the office protect themselves and other patients.
- If you need to pick up glasses or contact lenses, we will be available for limited hours. We advise that you not bring any additional guests to increase social distancing. Please call us to discuss pickup options.
Currently we are open:
Monday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Tuesday 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Thursday 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
The CDC has many wonderful resources. Arming yourself and your family with clear information will help you avoid undue stress.
Together we will weather this storm. We look forward to seeing all of you soon, later this year. With sincerest wishes for your continued good health we remain at your service,
Alderwood Vision Source doctors and staff